Free Online Craps – Try Our Demo
Craps is a popular dice game that can be played both in the casinos of Las Vegas and in an online casino for real money. It offers fast-paced, exciting gameplay and a wide range of different bets. We have created a complete guide on how to play online craps. Let’s start with a little taster of what the game has to offer, with this online free craps demo:
Play for Real Money Today:
How to Play Craps – Beginner’s Guide
Craps is a table game that is played with two dice. The object is to bet on the outcome of the roll of the dice. There are two distinct phases to playing online craps games; the come-out phase, and the point phase. The game starts by placing a bet on either pass line or don’t pass. The player (referred to as the shooter) will then roll the dice, which is referred to as the come-out roll. The outcome will determine whether bets are paid, lost, or whether the game moves to the point phase.
If you are new to the game, you may find the table layout and betting options a little confusing. Yet fear not, as we will explain all the details you need to know to play the game in the best online casinos. We also encourage you to try out the free craps demo above before jumping into real money gameplay. Here you can see how the craps table looks:
Craps Rules – Learn How to Play
There are just a few basic rules you need to learn to start playing craps online. Before the shooter makes the come-out roll, you should place either a pass or don’t pass bet by placing your chips on the relevant space on the table.
By placing a pass line bet, you win if a 7 or 11 is rolled. If the shooter rolls a 2, 3, or 12 (known as craps), you lose the bet. If any other number is rolled, this becomes the point and the game moves into its next stage. The shooter will continue to roll until either the point is rolled (you win) or a 7 is rolled (you lose). To recap, here are the basic rules for playing craps games in online casinos:
- Place your chips on the pass line to make a pass line bet
- The shooter rolls the dice
- If the result is 7 or 11, the bet is won and the round ends
- If the result is 2, 3, or 12, the bet is lost and the round ends
- If the result is 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, this becomes the point number
- The shooter rolls the dice again until one of two things happens
- If the point number is hit, you win the bet and the game round ends
- If a 7 is hit before the point, you lose the bet and the round ends
You can alternatively place a don’t pass bet which is essentially the exact opposite. You win if the come-out roll results in a 2, 3, or 12 and lose if the result is 7 or 11. During the point phase, you win if a 7 is rolled before the point is achieved.
Aside from these two simple basic bets, there are many other types of bets available in craps. These are best to try out once you have mastered the basics and moved on to advanced craps table play. In the next paragraph, you will find out all about the other available online craps bets.
Online Craps Bets – What You Should Know
As mentioned above, there are several types of bets that you can make when you play online craps games for real money. These make the game even more interesting. The easiest bets that beginners should place are pass line and don’t pass. Yet there are others which advanced players can incorporate and for your convenience, we have listed the various types of craps bets to play in an online casino below:
- Pass Line – You win this bet if the come-out roll results in a 7 or 11. You lose if the outcome is 2, 3, or 11. If any other number is rolled, this becomes the point number. You win the bet if this number is rolled again before a 7 is hit.
- Don’t Pass – You win this bet if the come-out roll outcome is a 2, 3, or 11. You lose if a 7 or 11 is rolled. Any other number becomes the point number. You win the bet if a 7 is rolled before the point number is hit.
- Come – The come bet works in the exact same way as the pass line bet, but can also be placed on any other roll during the game round.
- Don’t Come – The don’t come bet is the same as the don’t pass bet. Whilst the don’t pass bet is placed before the initial roll, the don’t come bet can be placed on any other roll in the game round. Don’t come is the opposite of the come bet.
- Odds Bets – A type of side bet that is made after the point is determined. It involves putting additional money on you winning the point phase. With taking the odds, you win the odds bet if the point is thrown before a 7. With laying the odds, you win the bet if a 7 is rolled before the point. The difference here from those mentioned above is that there is no house edge on odds bets.
- Place Win – Numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 are known as the place numbers. You can place a bet on any of the numbers and you win if they are rolled before a 7. There are different payouts available for the different numbers.
- Place Lose – These are the opposite to place win bets. You win if a 7 is rolled and lose on the number you bet against. The different numbers have different payouts.
- Buy – This is similar to a place or odds bet, except you must pay a 5% commission on your wager. They pay true odds, minus the 5% commission.
- Lay – This is similar to laying the odds or place lose bets, but with different odds. These bets pay fair odds, yet you pay a 5% commission on the bet based on the win amount.
- Big 6 and Big 8 – These are similar to place win bets. You bet on either a 6 or 8 being rolled before a 7. Big 6 and Big 8 bets payout even money. Whilst place bets on 6 or 8 pay 7:6, making the place bets on these numbers more favorable.
- Hardways – This is a bet on the next roll resulting in a specific number, which must be made up of a pair. For example, a hard 8 is made up of a 4 and 4. Hardway bets can be placed on 4, 6, 8, and 10.
- Field – This is a bet that the next roll will result in a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12. Wins are paid 1:1, with a boosted payout for a 2 or 12. A 2 usually pays 2:1, with a 12 usually paying out 3:1.
- Proposition Bets – Proposition bets are made on the result of the next roll of the dice. There are various bets and they tend to have the highest house edge of all craps table bets. The horn bet is one such prop bet, which is equally split between 2, 3, 11, and 12. A horn high bet doubles the bet on one of those numbers.
Of all the available bets when playing craps games, there are some bets that are more popular than others. For instance, whilst the pass line and don’t pass bets offer the same odds, the don’t pass bet is essentially betting against the shooter, so it is less popular when played in land-based casinos compared to online casinos. When deciding which bets to place, it is important to consider the payouts. You can find more details about the odds and payouts of craps bets in the following section.
Odds and Payouts
The wide variety of craps bets come with differing payouts. And it is essential that you understand what they are so that you can decide which bets to place in an online casino. To help you better understand the odds and payouts, we have collated them in a handy table for your perusal. You will notice that bets with higher odds offer lower payouts. Whatever bet you place; you should keep in mind that the house always has an advantage. Here are the payouts and odds for craps:
|Don’t Pass Line||1:1||50.00%|
|Pass Line Odds||2:1 (4 or 10); 3:2 (5 or 9); 6:5 (6 or 8)||33.33%; 40.00%; 45.45%|
|Don’t Pass Line Odds||1:2 (4 or 10); 2:3 (5 or 9); 5:6 (6 or 8)||66.67%; 60.00%; 54.55%|
|Don’t Come||2:1 (4 or 10); 3:2 (5 or 9); 6:5 (6 or 8)||33.33%; 40.00%; 45.45%|
|Place Win||9:5 (4 or 10); 7:5 (5 or 9); 7:6 (6 to 8)||35.71%; 41.67%; 46.15%|
|Place Lose||5:11 (4 or 10); 5:8 (5 or 9), 4:5 (6 or 8)||68.75%; 61.54%; 55.56%|
|Buy||2:1 (4 or 10); 3:2 (5 or 9); 6:5 (6 or 8).||33.33%; 40.00%; 45.45%|
|Lay||1:2 (4 or 10); 2:3 (5 or 9); 5:6 (6 or 8)||66.67%; 60.00%; 54.55%|
|Big 6 and 8||1:1||50.00%|
|Field||1:1; 2:1; 3:1||50.00%; 33.33%; 25.00%|
|Hardways||9:1; 7:1||10.00%; 12.50%|
|Two Craps or Aces||30:1||3.23%|
|Twelve Craps or Two Sixes||30:1||3.23%|
|Three Craps or Ace Deuce||15:1||6.25%|
|Eleven or Six Five||15:1||6.25%|
|Horn Bet||3.75:1; 7.5:1||21.05%; 11.76%|
You should be aware that whilst the bets with higher payouts are appealing, they are riskier bets that give you lower odds of winning. You should also consider that the house edge could further lower your odds. For example, the pass line and don’t pass bets have the same odds and payouts, however, the latter has a lower house edge making it a more favorable bet for players. We will discuss the house edge and RTP rate of craps games in the following paragraph.
House Edge and RTP
Every casino game from online roulette to slots has a house edge built-in, and craps games are no exception. The house edge ensures that over the long run, the land-based casino or online casino is guaranteed to make a profit. The interesting thing about craps is that every bet has a different house edge. You should look out for the bets with the lowest house edge, because the lower the house edge, the higher the probability that you will win. You can choose the right bet for you by consulting the table below:
|Craps Bet||House Edge|
|Don’t Pass Line||1.36%|
|Don’t Pass Odds||0%|
|Don’t Come Odds||0%|
|Place Bets||6.7%; 4%; 1.5%|
|Lay||2.44%; 3.23%; 4%|
|Big 6 or 8||9.09%|
|Proposition 2 or 12||13.9%|
|Proposition 3 or 11||11.1%|
Another term you may hear which is closely related to the house edge is the RTP. This stands for return to player, and it expresses the theoretical percentage of all bets placed on a game which are paid back to players in winnings. It is essentially another way of expressing the house edge. The RTP for craps varies between 98% and 99.5%. Bear in mind that the return-to-player rate could vary according to the online craps game variation you choose to play.
Online Craps Games – Live and RNG Variations
When you play craps online for real money, there are several RNG and live dealer games that you can choose from. RNG craps variants have been developed by leading software providers Playtech and Microgaming, among others. Regardless of the version you choose, you will find the same rules, gameplay and payouts. The differences come from the graphics and table limits.
You can also play live craps with a real dealer online. Live games offer a more immersive playing experience that is similar to playing in a real land-based casino. Whatever variant you opt for, these are the main advantages of playing online craps games:
- The convenience of playing from the comfort of home
- Games are available 24/7
- Bonus offers give you better value for your money
- You can play on your mobile phone or tablet
- Wide range of betting limits to suit low stakes players and high rollers
- Fair games which have been independently tested
You can play craps tables at many online casinos, although not all operators offer the game. If you want to play craps online for real money or free craps games, it is not only important to pick a casino site that features the game, but also to do a bit of research to find the best online casinos for craps. To help you choose the right place to play, read on to find out how to spot the best operators.
Best Craps Online Casinos for 2020
With so many online casinos to choose from, you need to pick where to play carefully. There are hundreds of casino sites you can play at for real money, but some are far better than others. As such, we created a set of criteria to test and compare operators to identify the top picks to recommend to you. We delve into the online casino’s safety and security credentials. Only reputable casino sites with a valid license get our recommendation. We also assess the choice of online craps variants as well as the overall game selection. Other factors include bonus opportunities, mobile-friendliness, and payout rates.
Each of the casino sites listed above has passed our stringent testing. They are all safe and reliable operators that adhere to the highest standards of security and player protection. All these sites feature online craps games as well as a diverse selection of other types of games. They also offer some appealing bonuses to welcome you.
Play Craps Online with a Bonus – Top Offers
One of the main benefits of playing casino games online is the possibility to take advantage of lucrative bonus offers. Whilst pretty much all of the best online casinos offer a welcome bonus to new players, you should note that not all are suitable for craps games. Yet worry not, we have examined the bonus offers that are currently available to bring you the best bonuses for playing online craps games, so make sure to check them below:
|Casino||Bonus*||Wagering Requirement||Craps Contribution||Min Deposit||Top Payment Method||T&C|
|Mansion Casino||£500||40x Bonus within 30 days||20%||£20||Boku||Full T&Cs apply. New customers only. Min deposit £20 max bonus amount £500. First deposit: 100% up to £200. Second deposit: 50% up to £300. Wagering 40x for each bonus. Game weighting applies. Cashback: 5% cashback on first and all other deposits during week 1, 10% cashback on all additional deposits taking place in week 2 only. Bonus betting limits: slots - £5 all other games - 10% of bonus amount.|
|William Hill||£300||40x Bonus within 7 days||20%||£10||Neteller||Full T&Cs apply. Opt in required. Available 1x per customer. First deposit only. Minimum £10 deposit. Maximum £300 bonus. 40x wagering. Bonus expires 7 days from issue. New customers to casino page only.|
|Casino.com||£100||40x Bonus within 30 days||20%||£20||Visa||Full T&Cs apply. New customers. Spins: 20 on registration, 180 after deposit. Winnings given as bonus funds. 20x wagering. Spins and bonus wagering on Age of the Gods games only. Welcome bonus; £20 min deposit. Max bonus £100, wagering 40x. Game weights apply. Betting limits - slots: £5. All other games: 10% of the bonus amount.|
|Betfair||£100||45x Bonus within 7 days||5%||£10||PayPal||Full T&Cs apply. Minimum deposit of £10, x45 wagering, Roulette and blackjack 50% weighting. Bonus Valid for 7 days. Not available to customers using Moneybookers/Skrill or Neteller as a payment method.|
When playing with a bonus, there are a few things you should keep in mind. For starters, you should always read the terms and conditions of any bonus before accepting the offer. There, you will find how many times you must play through the bonus to convert your winnings into real withdrawable cash.
You should also check the weighting of craps. Given its low house edge, many offers exclude the game. So, you should check if it is included in the bonus conditions, and what percentage of bets on the game will count towards fulfilling the wagering requirements. Convenient conditions are the key to spotting the best bonuses for craps.
Pick the Best Craps App
Practicing free craps online is incredibly convenient. Yet there is an even more convenient way to play craps online and that is via casino apps. Most casino sites are mobile-friendly, so you can pick up your phone or tablet and play your favorite games for real money.
To find the best casino apps for real money gameplay or free craps games, you should look for a good selection of games that have been optimized for mobile play. The app should also be user-friendly and easy to navigate. According to our research, here is the best craps app:
Best Craps App
Playing on your mobile phone or tablet differs from playing on a desktop PC thanks to touchscreen operation. Tapping the chips and placing your bets can actually make for a more immersive and engaging gaming experience. Aside from this, the best online casinos pull out all the stops to keep any differences between mobile and desktop play to a minimum. Given the smaller screen size of mobile devices, you will find a more simplified layout for mobile. Any non-essential game options will be moved to separate menus. This keeps the display clear and clutter-free.
Our Top Tips – Learn How to Win
As with all casino games, there is no easy way to win online craps games. Yet there are ways that you can improve your odds to give yourself the best chance of success. We have put together a list of hints and tips that can help you to up your game.
Here are our top craps tips:
- Learn the rules – It goes without saying that you have the best chance of winning when you understand how to play the game. Check our overview of the rules of craps before you start to play for real money.
- Improve your skills by playing free online craps – Play our free craps demo game to familiarize yourself with the gameplay and how to place bets. It is the best way to practice before playing with real money.
- Choose the right craps game for you – Consider what type of craps game you would prefer to play. Live dealer games replicate a real casino gaming experience. Whereas RNG variants remove time pressure and allow you to play at your own pace.
- Choose your craps bets wisely – There are many different types of bets available in online craps. Make sure you understand the different options and what chances they give you to win.
- Consider the payouts and odds – The different bets in craps games come with different odds and payouts. Remember, the higher the odds, the more chance you have of winning, although the payouts will be lower.
- Plan your budget and consider playing with a bonus – When gambling with real money, you should set yourself a budget and stick to it. You can boost your bankroll by accepting an online casino bonus.
- Choose the best craps casino – You should choose where to play for real money carefully so that you only opt for safe and reputable operators. Top craps casinos online offer great games, generous bonus offers, and mobile compatibility.
Our top tips will help maximize your chances of success when playing craps online for real money. They are useful to know, and we recommend all beginners follow them. If you are a more advanced player, you may also want to consider playing with a strategy. In the following section, we will discuss the available online craps table strategies that you could try using.
Best Craps Strategy – Would It Help You Win
Given the variety of bets that you can place on a craps table, it comes as little surprise that there are a number of strategies that can be used to play the game in the best online casinos. You need to remember, however, that none of them can offer guaranteed results. Here is the best strategy according to our research:
- Bet on the don’t pass and/or don’t come back
- Back it up laying the maximum odds
This is the best strategy for reducing the house edge to the absolute minimum. Yet, if you remember, we mentioned earlier that the don’t pass bet is not popular with players, as it is seen as playing against the shooter. You can apply this same strategy to pass line bets and come bets, taking full odds. The odds are almost as good for this more popular type of bet. Whatever strategy you decide on, you need to keep in mind that none can eliminate the house edge entirely.
Final Overview – Our Top Craps Casinos
There is no denying that craps is not the simplest of online casino games. Yet, with some practice playing free craps games, you can quickly get to grips with the rules and bets. You will then be able to experience the thrill and excitement that the dice game has to offer. Pick the right bets and you can reduce the house edge to a fraction, giving you incredibly favorable odds. And the best part is, you can play online safely at the best craps casino sites. If you are ready to get stuck into this popular game, then check out our top recommended online casino below:
If you have read this guide and decided that online craps is not the right game for you, then you could try baccarat. It features simple rules and appealing payouts, making it a great real money game alternative for you to play. If you fancy giving the card game a try, then be sure to check our guide to the best baccarat sites.
As we reach the end of this game review, we would like to sign off by answering the questions that players most frequently ask about playing real money craps in online casinos. We have researched what players want to know about the topic. Check out the following section. It is sure to answer any questions you have about the best online craps games.
How to play craps online?
The easiest way to play craps online is to place a pass line bet. You will win if you roll a 7 or 11. You can check our useful guide on how to play online craps for a full breakdown of the game rules.
Where to play free online craps?
You can play free online craps at many casino sites. Yet the quickest and easiest way to play online craps for free is to launch the free demo craps game at the top of this page.
How to win at craps?
To win at craps, you need to understand the rules of the game. You also need to understand the different types of bets along with their odds and payouts. You can also check our top tips for more advice on how to win.
How to bet in craps online?
To bet in craps online, you should first select the chip size you want to bet. You then click on the relevant section on the table layout to place your bet. You can check our overview of craps-bets to find out what types of bets you can place.
How to cheat at craps?
When you play craps at reputable casino sites, the game results are determined by a random number generator. As such, all results are fair and random, meaning you cannot cheat at craps. If you want to know how to win at craps, you should check our craps tips.
How to win at craps every time?
There are various craps strategies that can help reduce the house edge to a minimum and give you the optimum chance of winning. However, you should note that no strategy can eliminate the house edge completely to guarantee that you will win every time.
What is the best craps casino?
The best craps casino sites are licensed and regulated by respected authorities. They provide independently tested fair games. Top sites also offer generous bonus offers and regular promotions. You can check the top-ranked craps casinos according to our research to find the best operators.
Can I play craps online with a bonus?
Yes, you can play craps online with a bonus. Although, you should be aware that not all bonuses are suitable for the game. As such, you should check the terms and conditions to find out whether craps games are included. You can also check our list of the best craps bonus offers which are currently available.
What are the rules of craps?
The basic rules of craps involves 2 main phases. The first is the come-out phase, where the dice are rolled. If a 7 or 11 is rolled, pass line bets win. If a 2, 3, or 11 is rolled, pass line bets lose. Any other number becomes the point. In the point phase, the dice continue to be rolled until the point number wins or a 7 is hit.
What are the odds in craps online?
The odds in craps vary depending on the type of bet you place. For instance, the pass-line/don't pass line bets have odds of 50%. You can check our table to find the odds and payouts for all bets in craps.
What has better odds craps or blackjack?
Assuming that you play blackjack following basic strategy, blackjack odds are better than those of craps. However, the difference is marginal. Blackjack has a house edge of about 0.5%, whilst playing the pass line bet in craps has a house edge of 1.4%. Although, you can reduce the house edge of craps further by placing bets with the highest odds.
Why should I play craps online?
There are many benefits of playing craps online. These include convenient access to games, 24/7 availability, and generous bonus opportunities. We have compiled a list of the advantages of playing craps online for your convenience.