|Online Casinos||Legal Since:|
Guide to Online Casinos in Oklahoma: The Best Oklahoma Casino Sites for 2019
Oklahoma has a huge legal land based casino industry featuring over 100 casinos. 1992 saw the first style of casino, which included electronic games and bingo. It was not until 2004 that the casinos were allowed to provide table games with live dealers. This was when the boom of casinos began. It did not take long for the state to reap the rewards of this act with the casinos generating millions for taxes. The casinos have also proved to be a healthy boost for tourism for the state.
- Sources such as: Oklahoma City and the OU daily have been used to stay on top of all industry related news and developments.
- We aren’t good only in online casino reviews, we have experts in every field of gambling, including as slots and have created an online roulette guide.
- We are always look for any amendments in the gambling law and keep an on the movements of the Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association and the Oklahoma Gaming Compliance Unit.
- Oklahoma State
- The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association
- Oklahoma Legislature Gaming Compliance Unit
Available Casino Games in Oklahoma
The casinos in Oklahoma offer a huge variety of games such as mini-baccarat, craps, blackjack, roulette, slot machines, and other poker variations.
- Roulette – A number is selected by players and the guess where the ball will land.
- Blackjack – The object is for the player to have a number as close to 21 as possible.
- Craps – This game is all about making a certain combination from two dice.
- Slots – The player wins from a combination which is determined by a certain payline.
- Poker – One of the most popular card games out there with loads of variations
Biggest Oklahoma Casinos
With over 100 casinos available, gamblers have a lot of options to choose from. The largest is WinStar World Casino and Resort. With over 7,000 gaming machines and over 80 tables, it can offer every visitor something they will enjoy. The resort also has excellent dining options and entertainment.
- Winstar World – 777 Casino Avenue, Thackerville
- Newcastle Casino – 2457 US-62, Newcastle
- Hard Rock Casino – 777 W. Cherokee Street, Tulsa
- Grand Lake Casino – 24701 S. 655 Road, Grove
- Sugar Creek Casino – N. Broadway Avenue, Hinton
History of Casino Gambling in Oklahoma
The state of Oklahoma has casino establishments since 1992. However, it wasn’t until 2004 that the casinos could offer the full experience. With bill passing they were now able to provide live table games including the like of roulette and craps.
|1983||Horse racing betting is legalized in the state.|
|1992||Class two type games are legalized on reservation lands, meaning that the bingo and electronic gaming machines are now allowed. This sees a large amount of racinos opening.|
|2002||Legislation is put forward by Native Americans for Class three type games to be allowed. This would include roulette and craps and other live dealer games.|
|2004||The legislation is passed for class three games and many of the racinos expand into casinos. A large amount of new casinos begin to open.|
|2019||There are currently over 120 casinos and racinos in the state, some of the casinos are among the largest in the world. The state continues to benefit hugely from the industry.|
Casino Gambling Age in Oklahoma
The minimum age in Oklahoma is 21 years old. However, some of the casinos have a minimum age of 18. This is because the casinos are built on reservation lands and as long as the players are above 18, the casino is complying with state law. Minors are not allowed into some casino buildings at all, while others forbid minors to be on the gaming floor. The penalties can range from fines and charged with a misdemeanor to community service. As with other states, if a parent knowingly allows a minor to gamble, they can be prosecuted as well.
Online Casino AgeLegal age for Casino gambling in Oklahoma is 21 years old. Although some casinos have minimum of 18.
Alcohol AgeThe legal drinking age in Oklahoma is 21 years old.
Weed AgeRecreational cannabis is not legal in Oklahoma, there is no minimum age.
Responsible Gambling and Addiction Prevention
Oklahoma has a helpline for people struggling with a gambling problem, they also offer counselling and group or individual therapy. Gamblers Anonymous also holds many meetings across the state. As gambling has become part of the culture in Oklahoma, the government provide education over warning signs. They believe it is important to highlight that when under control, gambling can be a good social activity.
Can I Play Without Deposit?
Unfortunately, there are currently no opportunities for a no deposit play in Oklahoma. However, there are states where this possibility has been given. These offers have a great option for players to use bonus funds freely but you should note they do come with certain conditions such as various wagering requirements. Make sure to always go through the terms and conditions of each offer carefully before claiming it!
Upcoming Casino Regulation and Expected Changes
Oklahoma has had some attempts by the tribal casinos to introduce online casinos. These have not been successful as yet. There are many agreements and licenses within the casinos due to expire in 2020 so there may be some movement at that point as to where the industry goes next but there has been little said so far. With the huge popularity of the land based casinos in the state, online casinos could be unnecessary competition. If anything changes on this front we will keep you updated.